Shajapur was recognised at the time of Shahjahan.Observing the natural beauty of this area , Fauj of Shahjahan decided to take a halt here. This place was known as ” Khankarakhedi “. Shahjahan and his fauj liked this place very much and consequently when Shahjahan became SAMRAT he considered the importance of this place for his Southern campaign .In 1640 Meer Bigo was appointed here as Koutwal. He with Shri jagannath Rawal prepared four DWARs in four directions. In centre a marketing centre was developed. Consequently this area was populated gradually and converted in colony. Surrounding this place a wall was also prepared. Then in respect of king Shahjahan it was named as ” Shahjahanpur” . In Shahajahanpur twelve areas were located named Magriya,Mahupura,Dansi,Muradpura,Vajeerpura, Kamreedpura,Lalpura, Dayra, Mugalpura, Golyakhedi, Juganbadi meerkala. Muradpura was named after Shahjahan’s son and Muradpura and Meerkala were named after Meer Bigo himself. It is said that Chadralekha river ( which is now Chiller) was flowing in North direction before but after establishment of huge fort and for its safety it was brought from East as a PARIKHA of the fort. So at the time of Shahjahan (1628-1658) Jama Maszid, so many temples etc. were developed. He was very satisfied with developments and he honored Shri Jagannath Rawal by giving Jageer of Moja magariya But at the time of Aurangjeb (1656-1707) , this area was totally ignored. After downfall of moughal dynasty , Shahjahanpur was brought in the Scindia state in 1732 and so many administrative changes were performed. The name “Shahjahanpur” was now ” Shajapur” in this period only. A beautiful palace in the fort was also developed by Tarabai. In 1904 it was declared as a district.